Here you will find information on how to make your own instruments from recycled materials! When decorating your instrument be creative and show SCHOOL SPIRIT!
Make Your Own Shaker
- Find ANY small plastic container with a lid that screws on, such as: small soda bottle, water bottle, salad dressing bottle, etc.
- Fill with a small amount of rice, dried beans, paper clips, tiny stones, etc.
- Screw lid tightly on top. You can glue the lid on to ensure that it doesn't come open during your performance
- Decorate to your desire with stickers or you can be more elaborate by wrapping the bottle with masking tape and coloring with markers or paint.
Make Your Own Drum
- Find an empty plastic milk jug bottle, 2 liter pop bottle, or any large plastic container.
- Remove the lid and make sure the bottle is NOT smashed or crumpled by blowing into it until no more air will go in. When finished Place the lid back on.
- Decorate to your desire with stickers, markers or paint
- Grab long object like roughly 10-12 inches long such as a stick, kitchen spoon, or drumstick. Use this to play your new drum!
Make Your Own "Brake Drum" or Metal Drum
- Find an empty can such as a coffee can or vegetable can
- Glue paper to the sides of the can. Be sure to wrap the paper around the open edges. Do Not
- Decorate to your desire with stickers, markers, or paint
- Grab long object like roughly 10-12 inches long such as a stick, kitchen spoon, or drumstick. For this drum it is ideal to play with a METAL SPOON! Use this to play your new drum!